Thursday, August 9, 2012

Life Changes so Quickly

I have a lot to catch up on! SO much has changed in the last few months i havent written an actual blog. Where do i even begin!?

Last time i actually wrote i mentioned something about how we were building our house. Well, that house is complete. And we've been living in it for a little over a month. Its wonderful! Everything is just how we wanted it and works the way we expected. Some things have needed to be fixed already but thats what the warranty is for! The only thing that has really continued to be an issue is the cable/internet service. We have been without service since June 29th!! Its not quite as terrible as it might sound but its really starting to get old. I've only got so many DVD's i can watch!! The last i was told, we should have service at some point next week. We shall see.

I also spoke about how upset i was about turning 30, turns out I was crying about nothing. Little did i know my wonderful husband was planning a surprise party for me the whole time. We were in the middle of finishing up painting our house, and it was actually Mother's Day so it was a good fake reason to get together at my parents house. It was a fun surprise and was really special. Not only did Chris plan this whole thing but he had cards for each mother at the party (remember it was Mother's Day) including me!! It meant more to me then the party. No one else considered me a mother because we lost our child, except he knew. Not only did i cry because i was surprised by the party but i cried because of his sentiment about the holiday. I've married a wonderful guy, i'm telling you!!

Speaking of being a mother, you are probably wondering what the latest is on the baby making front. Well, let me explain. We took a few months off. We were both getting too stressed and it wasnt fun anymore because month after month it just wasnt happening. We didnt start preventing but we just werent so focused on what cycle day i was on and if i was ovulating or not. It was nice for a bit. We decided to officially start trying "hardcore" again with cycle #10. I bought another combo pack of OPKs and Pregnancy tests from Amazon and was prepared to start all over again.

My next cycle started on July 6th and i started doing the OPKs around cycle day 13 or 13. Finally got a positive on July 28th, which was CD23. We had baby danced the day before i got the positive and also the day after (with out times before and after that of course but those are the ones that "counted)." I didnt want to put pressure on the issue so i just let it happen how it was going to happen. Chris did know about the OPKs though.

Fast forward to August 6th, which would be 8-9 days past ovulation. I decide it would be a good idea to take one of the cheapy pregnancy test and of course not tell Chris. Here is that test...


I took the test with first morning urine. If you look really hard, i'm pretty sure there is a second line! I put the thought in the back of my mind and just tell myself its a dreaded evap, even though it came up within the specific time limit.

August 7th, i decide to take another one, this time with first morning urine. This time i had told Chris i would be doing it. I also dipped a first response test thinking it may be positive.
Here is the internet cheapy....


Again, my eyes are trying to tel lme there is something there. I show it to Chris before i left for work and he says he sees something too. All day i am torturing myself thinking i may actually be pregnant! I had forgotten about the first response so i asked Chris to go in the bathroom and check it. And unfortunately that test was definatly negative. I dont even have a picture of it. So I decided to do another test when i got home. I had held my pee since lunch so i thought surely it would be enough to show something on a test. So after a very long day i get home and take the test. Here is that test...


Now i know my eyes arent lying to me. But i'm still cautious because the First Response test was negative that morning. I convince Chris to stop and get a digital test on his way home for work and vow to take it in the morning. Here is the cheapy test from the morning...


and the results from the digital........




FREAKING AWESOME, right?! Based on when i ovulated i've calculated i am due around April 20, 2013 which makes me about 3 weeks and 5 days. I went for a blood draw yesterday, August 8th, and my first beta was a 19, my progesterone was at a 18.08. My doctor isnt in this week so the on call doctor went ahead and prescribed progesterone just as a precaution until i get results from my next blood test on Monday to make sure my numbers are rising the way they are supposed to. I cant believe it! Chris and I are elated!! We are nervous too. But we are going to take this one day at a time.

No comments: